Pueblo was the first pilot region to work with the ReThink Health Dynamics project. As a member of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Triple Aim in a Region program, key stakeholders in Pueblo are committed to pursuing the three simultaneous goals of better health, better care, and lower costs. When they first convened in November 2010, local leaders sought to understand how they might address all three goals, without sacrificing progress in one area to achieve improvements elsewhere. They worked with the ReThink Health Dynamics team to gather data and build a formal model that simulates the behavior of Pueblo’s health system.
EXPLORE THE ReTHINK HEALTH PUEBLO MODEL ONLINE
NOTE: Although you are free to experiment with the model on your own, please remember that this is a sophisticated analytical tool best used with a trained facilitator.
As a result, members of the Pueblo Triple Aim Coalition (PTAC) now have a better understanding of their health system and how it may change over time. They have gained actionable insights not only about where the leverage lies to influence the Triple Aim, but also how to finance and sustain those initiatives.
A brief statement inviting colleagues to join Pueblo’s Triple Aim Coalition is available here.
Core Members of the Pueblo Triple Aim Coalition
- Pueblo Community Health Center
- Pueblo City-County Health Department
- Pueblo Board of Health
- Kaiser Permanente of Colorado
- Parkview Medical Center
- St. Mary-Corwin Medical Center
- Spanish Peaks Mental Health Center
- Southeastern Colorado Area Health Education Center
- Public Health Partners
Additional Stakeholders (in alphabetic order)
- Colorado Association of Health Plans
- Colorado Health Foundation
- Colorado State University Pueblo
- Greater Pueblo Chamber of Commerce
- Health Access Pueblo
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Packard Foundation
- Pueblo Assistant City Manager
- Pueblo City Council
- Pueblo City Schools – ONE Community
- Pueblo County Commissioner
- Pueblo Economic Development Corporation
- Pueblo Latino Chamber of Commerce
- ReThink Health
Pages: 1 2