Optional Discussions: Thursdays 2:30 – 4PM EST
Creating the conditions necessary to sustain regional improvements in health, care, access, and costs is hard. Those of us doing this work across the country are asking, how do we…
- Engage key stakeholders across the system?
- Create shared vision and common priorities?
- Build effective regional governance?
- Overcome resistance to change and mobilize focused action?
- Increase our chances of success by understanding what distinguishes the communities that succeed from those that fail?
For the past four years, ReThink Health has been working to understand and create the conditions essential for sustained regional health system redesign. ReThink Health has adapted theories, tools and methods from other large-system, multi-stakeholder efforts and developed its own set of tools and approaches that are now in use by individuals, teams, and regions committed to health system reform.
Join us and a motivated group of your peers in exploring how to increase your effectiveness in championing a systemic, sustainable approach to improved health and health care in our communities.
In this eight-week program, you will learn how to:
- Assess your community’s progress, challenges and assets in moving toward an accountable sustainable health system
- Develop or refine the vision for your health and health care system
- Align the causes of current performance with leverage points for improvement
- Examine the effectiveness of your current leadership team and how you can increase its performance
- Map key stakeholder interests and draft a strategy to engage more of them in action
- Refine a process of experimentation and reflection so that you can build momentum and accumulate learning
Live audio-video sessions will be supplemented by readings, in-class exercises, online simulations, take-home tools, and optional discussions.
For more information about this or other ReThink Health programs, please contact Ella Auchincloss.
Upcoming ReThink Health Learning Opportunities:
The ReThinker’s Toolbox: Leadership Skills in Action, Fall 2013
In “The ReThinker’s Toolbox,” participants will develop leadership practices to convene, connect and catalyze action – from stewardship groups to regional reform. Participants in this intensive practicum will learn how to engage and lead teams and apply these skills to a real-world project of their own design.